Friday, December 12, 2003

Ok, so I know what Joanne means about not having cable. This morning at 10:17am while watching the Golden Girls, my cable went out. I was in a panic! I had a flash of what life would be like without cable and it looked bleak. I had a mild panic attack, but resolved to go get dressed and head to work (even though Fridays are my days off). Going to work would take my mind off of not having tv. I went to work confident that by the time I got home, the cable would be back on.

Once I got home at 2pm, I sat down and was afraid to turn on the tv in the fear that the cable hadn't yet ( or worse, would never) be turned back on. ME! Afraid to turn on the tv. I didn't want to see the blue screen that would meant 'no cable'. I figured, if I turned on the tv, the sound would be audible before the picture actually showed up. I hit the power button and I was never so happy to hear a commercial like I was at that moment. My life was restored to normalcy and all was right with the world.

I'm going to the gym now and then I'm going to grab a book and take a ferry ride.

No comments: