Thursday, August 26, 2004

Random Mexican Food Question...

As I sit here consuming chicken & cheese enchiladas for the 3rd and final day (thank goodness, they were good but still...) wearing a green napkin for a bib because I am 5 and would spill red enchilada sauce down my pretty white shirt, I am assaulted with a question... Does Mexican food get spicier or hotter the longer it 'sits'? The enchiladas in question have been in my fridge since Monday when I made them, but each day at lunch they seem a bit spicier than they did the day before. It is entirely possible that this is all in my imagination and I am crazy. Your thoughts?

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

That is totally what happens, and not just with Mexican food. When I would get Mongolian BBQ lunch and take the rest back to work to eat in the afternoon, it would sometimes be inedible even just a few hours later. Damn those red pepper flakes.

TIMMY! said...

you guys are just getting old. See what happens is, as you get older, food becomes more spicy.

The enchiladas & bbq has nothing to do with it sitting in the fridge becoming more spicy, it has to with the fact that you are 3 days older which make it seem more spicy.