Thursday, November 17, 2005

Weird Discovery

So I seem to have 2 new girls. I'm fairly excited about that. They are brownies. So much for eventually having an older troop. I seem to lose the older girls and acquire new young ones. Last year I bridged 4 girls into juniors and would only have 2 brownies left. This year I've lost 2 maybe 3 juniors and added 2 brownies.

We're working on the space badge for both levels. We looked at some constellations on the star chart and drew our own constellations and told stories about them. We've cancelled this weekend's hike. Too much going on in their worlds. That's fine by me.

The weird thing I learned is that my parents aren't paying for parking. I had assumed they were which is why I wasn't charging them dues, but when they asked about dues this year I said no I don't feel right because y'all are paying for parking. This elicited a lot of laughter and they said they weren't. They've never paid for parking. They just tell the attendent they are with the group and they get to park for free. I dare not ask public safety. If it is being done on the down low by the evening staff, I don't want to get them in trouble. Otherwise I don't know how it is happening.

No comments: