Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Regular Employee

As I was driving home from picking up my latest textbooks from UNT I realized that with my next career I'm just going to be a regular employee.  No more will I have the inside information I'm usually privvy to in my role in HR.  It's an interesting concept.  Of my 15 years working since I left college, 12 of them have been in Human Resources.  My next job will likely be the last one before I give up HR altogether and become a librarian.  When you work in HR, you know things.  Always.  I interact with all levels of the company and since I do benefits and leaves of absence I KNOW things.  What I currently do impacts the company and the employees as a whole. When I'm a regular employee I won't have that anymore. And in all honesty, I'm looking forward to that. 

No comments: