Monday, July 17, 2006

Crikey I'm exhausted!

Today I Sunday Adventured with Isa, Big R, Michelle C and Isa's friend from Hawai'i Amy. We went to Denny Creek and up the trail is a place where the rocks form natural waterslides. The hike was only 1 mile, but it was mostly uphill which killed me. I go back to the doctor on the 25th and I fear he may tell me no more Sunday Adventures, but until then... ;)



Eek! What is that in the trees? Is it Bigfoot? No, it is Big R who needed to use the little boys room in the woods. :)

Denny Creek from above. The creek wasn't that full, but you can see how full it could be sometimes.
This is by the slides. Isa & Big R climbed up the big waterfall in the background. I just walked back that way. There was a spot to slide up there and we did, although I don't think I like the loss of control. Next time we want to remember to bring tevas because it was just too hard to walk on the rocks barefoot. I noticed when I was putting my shoes on that there was a teeny drop of blood on the bottom of one of my feet from the rocks.
The natural rock slides. You can see a lot of kids playing in the creek water. The water was very very cold but it felt really good after our hot hike.
Me and Amy. Amy is heading back to Hawai'i tomorrow. She was in Spokane doing law school and will be taking the bar next week. You can just barely see the big book in her lap. She studied instead of playing in the creek water. :)
Big R is exhausted. He did a lot of hiking and walking up and down the creek.

All of us together. From l-r: Isa, Big R, Michelle C, me and Amy. Up the stairs to go home. That's how steep most of the hike up was. It was seriously exhausting. It was totally fun though and the creek was so nice and fun to play in. I have some pics of us in the creek but they are on my left over disposable waterproof camera.
Afterward we went to dinner at Olive Garden. Hawai'i doesn't have Olive Garden restaurants, but apparently they have a lot of ads for them so whenever any of Isa's friends come over to the mainland, they all want to go to Olive Garden. For some odd reason, our dinner took a LIFETIME. (an hour from order to table which is ridiculous). Our waitress was so awesome she took a break and then came back from it and pointed out to the manager that we had waited so long and the manager comped all our dinners. So that was nice. Then we got dessert too! :) We asked her how to tip when most of us have cards and she seemed startled that we were going to tip her. It wasn't her fault our dinners were so slow. The food and dessert was sooo good. It was totally what I needed. :) (I had the mixed grill which was chicken and steak kabobs and their 'Tuscan potatoes' which are just fried potatoes.)

4 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

The kids on the rocks look like meerkats.

Is that your bathing suit? It's cute!

Joanne said...

Thank you! It is a tankini from Target. I bought it last year for Hawai'i and I have since discovered the joys of the tankini.

Kate the Peon said...

I discovered tankini's a few years ago. I bought new two ones this year from Newport News. My fave one, though, is a celery green and upon snorkeling in Mexico, now has tiny purplish dots all over it from something in the salt water. Grrrrrr.

Mom O Matic said...

Tankini is cute - the pictures are gorgeous!