Friday, October 07, 2005

I AM a grown up.

I have the opportunity to go to lunch with 'the girls' today. (The other 2 admins in my office.) Our work study student is here today so the 3 of us were going to go down Broadway to La Cocina. I love La Cocina. (Of ourse as I type this I remember that the last 2 times I've eaten there I've left with my stomach feeling squidgy so perhaps La Cocina does not love me) Anyway... I remembered last night that I can't go to lunch with the girls. I have class. And now that I am a grown up apparently I attend class instead of skipping to go to lunch. I'm not skipping a pass/fail class that I didn't have to pay for and that is unrelated to anything to do. Do you know how many classes I skipped when I was actually in college getting a degree?! DO YOU! Hell, I don't even know... but at least 2 of my classes I attended only on test day. In fact my intro to psych class attended so rarely that when I showed up for the final with a bunch of other students we were greeted with this announcement... "Well, I see now who doesn't attend my class regularly." Apparently he had given the final the week earlier. We still got to take it and I got a "B" out of the class so who knows what I missed out on. Voltaire! Clearly, I'm now a grown up. (or an adult learner, neither are really that pleasant.) :)

No comments: