Sunday, October 23, 2005

Target's redemption

Today I did lunch at my favorite place. I'm now munching on a delightful piece of cake. Although I will put 1/2 of it away in a few minutes to save the rest for later.

This week's plan for the girls is making troop t-shirts. I'm hoping it'll be fun and they'll turn out okay. I bought a variety of puffy paints and fabric paint that we'll play with. So then I need white t-shirts to paint on, right? I'm already at Fred Meyers so I check them. No dice. The white t-shirts have printing on them or there are none. So I head down to K-Mart. Again no dice. So I extend my flexcar time and head over to Target. Yay target! They've been reedemed. Not only did they have plenty of white (albiet long sleeved) t-shirts. They were only 5 bucks each. I had originally wanted short sleeved ones but I think the long sleeved ones will turn out better in the end. I'm thinking of writing the troop number and GS one down each sleeve, but I'm not sure if that would be great. What do y'all think? Somewhere on the shirt will have our troop # and GS so that'll be the one unifying thing on all the shirts. Then the girls can decorate the shirt how they want. Although I will print out some coloring pages of camping images that they could trace if they aren't artistic, like I'm not. Then they could paint in the color. I have high hopes.

3 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

The sleeve idea sounds good - that still leaves them the whole shirt for their own designs.

... said...

I like the sleeve idea too....nice score on the shirts.

Unknown said...

You could also use the pictures for iron-ons. You can get iron on paper at Target or most craft shops.