Friday, December 14, 2007

Uh Oh

My employee quit today. I'm fine with it. I knew it was a possibility. Whenever I asked if she wanted to order business cards she'd say "Let's wait and see shall we?" She doesn't want to work in benefits anymore. I can respect that. The uh oh is more for me. Now I have to hire someone. This stresses me out for many reasons:
  1. I have the worst taste in potential hires. I'll hire the one who has the saddest sob story about why I should hire them.
  2. I am going to have to be the one to call the candidates that we aren't going to hire and say "Sorry, we aren't going to hire you."
  3. Did you see line 2?? There's a reason I'm not a recruiter and line 2 is it.
  4. I'm also going to have to phone screen people and interview them and all that. I guess that's what being the boss is all about.
  5. See #2. No really. See it.

4 comments:

... said...

Sorry Joanne, that sucks...I don't know if I would be very good at hiring people either...sob stories always get me.

Peeved Michelle said...

You don't have recruiters there?

Peeved Michelle said...

You don't have recruiters there?

ren said...

wow. well, i have got to say that i have never had a job call and say "we aren't going to hire you". they either just don't call or, i have to call them to hear how much i suck.