Monday, March 09, 2009

Bo-Ring

So while I love the new Kindle I've run into something that isn't working out for me. I can't skip to the last chapter. Or at least I haven't yet figured out how to do it. Usually if I am having trouble getting into a book I skip to either the last chapter or some place in the middle to see if it is getting better. If it isn't, I stop reading. There are too many books for me to read out there to waste my time on something that is crap.

Do you know what is crap? Twilight. According to Kindle, I'm 24% of the way through the book. I am so bored by this book. I don't like Bella at all. I don't like the writing. And after reading the story that explains the wolves vs vampire thing, I pretty much lost all interest in the whole thing. I downloaded a new book while heading to pick up take out.

2 comments:

ren said...

oh so jealous of your kindle, but not of twilight. i read it, and yes, i found it tedious and...let's call it "under-written". ugh. not particularly good for the feminist movement either, eh?

Unknown said...

I have Twilight on my to-read list, but I haven't heard anything good about it. Which is weird, as I've been assured by most of the people who read it that they really like it and it's SO MUCH BETTER than the Harry Potter books. WTF? If it's poorly written, and it's not such a great story, what's so freakin' great?

As for skipping into the middle or the end of a slow book, I don't even do that. I just bail out; I don't have time to waste on lousy books. (Which probably means Twilight doesn't have much hope, but I'm morbidly curious to see how bad it is.)