Wednesday, March 10, 2010

April 5th.

I start my fancypants new job on April 5th. I end my current job on April 1. I'm probably going to fly to Dallas on April 3rd. Eek. This is very soon. I might die of soonness. :)

I have sent in my application and fees for a new apartment in Ft. Worth. It is about 8 miles from my new job. I'm pretty excited about the place. It is gorgeous. It has a pool and a dishwasher and a walk in closet and a balcony. I'm getting a corner unit. It doesn't have a washer/dryer in the unit, but there are hookups for one and my crazy mother has one in her garage for me. I can park my car and not pay $100/mo to do so. It has a fire place. And the one they are holding for me is a corner unit! Below is a sample floor plan for it. Isn't it cute?



I'm being stubborn. My mother has offered me her car, a Nissan something or other from some time in 2000. I don't want it. I've driven it before. I didn't like driving it. It would be free for me though. but I really want to buy my own. I want to pick out my own cute little hatchback and pay for it and negotiate for it and all that jazz.

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

The floor plan is almost identical to my last apt - which had a pool and a dishwasher - HELLO, DISHWASHER! - and a balcony that I loved and lots of sunlight.

You will love it. EEK! I'm so excited!

Although I think you will regret the car-negotiating fun whilst in the middle of that. :)

Also, why not fly a little sooner - give yourself more time to get settled? Although, I did that schedule when I moved down here - here on Sat, work on Mon. And it worked out. :)

Cat said...

I don't recall any of the car-negotiating being fun at all. Hmm. Maybe it's different in Quebec. ;)

Pool. Ahhh. Lovely!