Monday, November 03, 2008

My Current Fear (and the only political post I'll do this year (I think))

So while I believe Obama is the better candidate for president based on a variety of things, I don't think he's quite the messiah that the rest of the Democrats seem to think. In fact, I have a very real fear that he is going to get into office and do his 4 years but since he is only human and our government is not a dictatorship, he's not going to have as much power as they think he will. As a result of this, he is not going to end up being our great hope and in 4 years a disgusted country will vote a Republican back into office. That's my current fear. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

In a wholly only sort of related thought, I would like to start an initiative to ban attack ads from playing on TV and radio. I'm going to have to study Tim Eyeman (I know that's wrong I don't feel like looking it up) and figure out how to do this. I'm sure it will be unconstitutional (that never stops Tim Eyeman), but somehow I bet I could get it passed easily.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I read that as excessive cynicism. I don't know anybody who thinks he is the messiah.

He is a very talented politician. That is all. He isn't perfect, or a god. As far as politicians go, we need someone who is intelligent, speaks with clarity and thought, and has progressive values.

Regardless of what happens in the next 4 years, I can confident we won't be electing another Republican.

You have to remember Bush was re-elected even though he was a crazy warmonger ~ and a talented politician. What's to say people wouldn't reelect Obama for being a crazy liberal ~ and a talented politician.

Anonymous said...

The dumbest thing I read last night was that the Republicans are going to start grooming Palin to run as their candidate in the next election. If that's the best they can come up with, I don't think Obama has to worry.