Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Awkward

This whole job hunting thing feels very awkward to me. There is A LOT of deception around it. While I am not above lying and I firmly believe everyone does so and that in some situations there's nothing wrong with it (honestly future husband, find a tactful way to say that dress makes my ass look huge or say nothing at all but never be "brutally honest"), if your current boss doesn't know you are looking it is all about the deception. My boss thinks I'm going to PM's house to help her move this weekend. Next week when I have to go to Pitt... well luckily I sneezed several times in my meeting this morning so... But I kind of hate the whole thing. Half my coworkers know what's going on. My boss, notboss and one coworker don't. And, as I've said before, 1/2 my coworkers are looking themselves.

If I think about it too hard, this makes me sad. My boss has no idea that 4/8 members of a department are planning on leaving sometime in the nearish future. I know I know he has done some toolish things, but he is still a person.

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

What's the saying? People don't leave a job, they leave a boss? I get the feeling bad part but I'm glad that's not holding you back from working to better your situation.

And, lol: my verification word is "throppin"

Lyndsy said...

Screw him. Kate the Peon is right. In your world, he's not a person, he's your boss. And he makes things icky. So yeah, screw him.