Saturday, July 31, 2010

I am not destined to lose weight

Yesterday after work I stopped at Wal-mart to buy several things including a scale.  After 45 minutes and walking across the store 4 times, I finally found one in hardware.  Why are scales in hardware?  Why are they not with bathroom stuff (technically they are with the bathroom stuff because they were with the toilet seats and the towel bars and whatnot but they are not with the shower curtains and soap dishes).  I finally find one in the back and make my way back up to the front and get in line... to discover that my wallet is not in my purse.  I left it in the car.  I'm at the end of my rope so I put everything back and head out to the car to go home. 

This morning I get up to run errands.  Among them I go to Wal-Mart because the other Wal-Mart had Cabot cheese and I still want a scale.  So I go to Wal-Mart and they have one style of scale. It is not the scale I want (I want cheap analog and not uber fancy expensive kind).  I'm done.  Not buying a scale after all.

4 comments:

Cat said...

I do not think having a scale will help with weight loss. Oddly since my home fire in 2006 I have not owned a scale at all. When we got the Wii Fit Christmas I was hesitant to get on it. ;) I was going to curves and was weighed every month, but what I liked was the measuring.

As long as I am active and eat better than I normally do during the fall/winter I know I'll shrink a little without the number to go with it. The number ALWAYS depresses me. :(

Joanne said...

Cat, I have to be under a certain weight in order to use the zipline ticket I got through groupon with my sister and niece when they come in October, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Kate the Peon said...

Quit going to effing Wal-mart. Problem solved.

Aeron said...

sometime I walk around the store looking for what I want for so long that I end up crying. Then, mybe I find what I want and change my mind.

crap

- Aeron

http://aeronswalk.blogspot.com