- I had to gate check my suitcase. I gate checked it all the way to JFK.
- Weather closed the Charlotte airport. It eventually reopened and we landed but my JFK flight had already left.
- This is midnight and there aren't really any other flights going to the NYC area so I check into a Quality Inn for a whopping 3 hours to get some sleep... with no clothes since my bag got gate checked.
- The irony (is it irony? maybe Murphy's Law) was that I actually contemplated pulling out a clean undies, toothbrush and toothpaste and a clean shirt when I discovered I had to check my bag but decided not to because I was the 3rd to the last on board and the line was actually moving down the jetway.
- The next day I get to Charlotte. It is too early for any place for food to be open and I spend so much time trying to figure out my next move it becomes too late to try to get food.
- Miss my first La Guardia flight. Discover that the 2nd La Guardia flight had a TON of seats open so I didn't have to worry about getting on that one.
- Headed down to luggage to see if it would be at all possible to get my luggage shifted to La Guardia so I don't have to go to both airports. Don't hold your breath I'm told.
- At La Guardia we have to circle the airport for 20 minutes because they are reconfiguring the runways. I don't even know what that means but I could have cried.
- Here's where the weekend gets saved... I get the next La Guardia flight and even better - Luggage makes it! I had the luggage lady scan my tag to see if I should even bother waiting and it was there! I could have cried with joy. And I might have told the luggage lady I loved her. It was a heat of the moment thing. :)
Sunday, August 08, 2010
If I were one of those people who believed in "signs" or "the universe telling me something" I totally wouldn't have made it to BlogHer in NYC this past weekend.