Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shopping is hard

One of the difficult things about moving from a location with a huge Asian population to one without a huge Asian population is finding asian food components I used to use regularly.  I'm not even looking for anything particularly exotic.  I was looking for sesame oil and hoisin sauce (hoisin sauce is difficult because I have to find GF hoisin sauce) and fresh ginger.  It took me 3 stores to find hoisin sauce that was GF and ginger.  Now I must remember that Kroger is really the best bet for most things I want. 

1 comment:

Kate the Peon said...

I feel your pain. We tried to find tamarind in Bismarck. Surprise, no luck.

Although the stores here do vary somewhat, with one being distinctly better when it comes to "foreign" ingredients. Glad you found a place that will work.