Sunday, March 04, 2007

69 Flights to the top baby!

I volunteered again for the firefighter stairclimb today. I had an afternoon shift and I wasn't doing equipment removal like I did last year. Somehow it felt less... I don't know... less accomplishing. I did time chip removal this year. (I asked for equipment removal but they only had cadets doing it this year.) It was still fun. It's always fun. We went out for a very short time afterward, but since this year they advertised that there was an event at Fado's it was probably 50% more crowded than it was last year. They were at capacity and continued to be that way until we left. For me, personally, a bar where I have to sidle by because we're wall to wall humans is not fun. NOT FUN I say. The person we rode with decided to leave early so we left with her. I'm not too sad about that. Now I can cook dinner and put new sheets on the bed. Such an exciting life this singleton leads. :)

I sometimes wish I had littlehands easy way with people. She seems to make friends very easily and people always want to hang out with her. I'm a little envious of that. (Again with the envy? What's wrong with me lately?! :) ) Sometimes I still feel like that nerd from the 8th grade whose best friend moved on without her. And like I'll never catch up. (Ok apparently 1 drink is not the right amount for me. It appears to make me all meloncholy.)

Yesterday while I walked past Domino's pizza I thought what if I just buy and eat a whole pizza? What would happen? For the most part I probably wouldn't break out too badly. I do take medicine to control the rash, but I suspect an entire pizza would be more than the amount of drugs I take can handle and I'd end up broken out. I also think that if I were to do that it would make me want to eat wheat all the time and ruin my years of not having it. It is kind of like having a one night stand in the middle of a dry spell. After a certain period of time without sex you barely notice it anymore, but if you have sex in the middle of that, it's all you can think of again. It throws the whole balance off. :) That's my theory anyway.

1 comment:

... said...

I know how you feel with the 8th grade thing....I feel that way sometimes too. Seems all my friends including my sister are just so much more comfortable with themselves than I am with me...