Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Crisis averted

I didn't expect to be spending my birthday evening trucking up the hill to the flexcar I had on Sunday, but 30 minutes ago there I was. I should rewind a little further when I was sitting on my bed counting Girl Scout cookie money. I counted what we took in on Sunday and then decided to marry it with the money from the previous sales. As I'm going through the money from the previous sales I realize a very bad thing. I'm missing a hundred dollar bill. I had received it on Sunday and since I had to go to the car to get the change (since like a weirdo I was carrying ALL the GS money I had) I left the bill in the envelope in the car. So I'm realizing the bill is not with the envelope. I check my jacket pockets, throwing out every thing in them... no bill. I check the back pack I was carrying... no bill. Now I'm panicking because the only other place it could be is in the flexcar. I had "hidden" the money in the console under the arm rest and it must've falled out. I call flexcar and ask both if someone turned one in or what the procedure is if I need to just check on something that may be lost... do I have to pay the whole half hour rate? (Although it is 5 bucks... if the bill is in the car it is totally worth it for me being dumb.) So he was very helpful and nice and said that for lost and found calls if there're no miles on the car during my 1/2 hour I don't pay for it. I throw on my jacket and trudge up the hill to see. The whole while I'm asking for what I want and visualizing the result in my head. I open the car and lo and behold... there's a hundred dollar bill in the console. Maybe the secret DOES work... ;) (But my apartment was decidedly NOT clean when I got home so now I'm conflicted). As a treat to myself, I bought myself McDonalds for dinner. I was going to cook a real meal since I need lunch the rest of the week but I changed my mind. :)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

What can you eat at McDonald's for dinner? Just fries?

Jodi said...

You let me know how that Secret Clean Apartment thing works out.