Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Paranoid and suspicious

I received a notice yesterday that next Thursday they are going to come in and inspect my apartment looking for any repairs that may need to be done. My first thought was "Fuck I have to clean." My 2nd thought was more paranoid... are we going condo? As more buildings around me convert, I've had minor fears that we're going to be one to go next. I usually manage to assuage them with the thought that our 1 bedrooms aren't kosher 1 bedrooms by city of Seattle standards. With the exception of the 4 corner apartments, the one bedrooms are all interior bedrooms. To be considered a true 1 bedroom, they must have a window of x by x inches for egress. And actually the apartment across the hall from me (and I assume on all the floors) is a 2 bedroom which isn't a kosher 2 bedroom since one of the bedrooms is interior. My other thought is that we're under yet another new management company. I think that is more correct since I didn't think RPM was our management company before. They most definitely are now. In either case, I have a fun week of cleaning ahead of me. Go me.

In other news, I've broken my itunes cherry and purchased 2 singles last night. It didn't take as long to download on dial up as I thought it might. Obviously it isn't ideal for huge downloads, but for one or two it seemed just fine. In case you care I purchased Hate Me by Blue October and In The Sun by Jonathan Author. In The Sun is technically a Christian single, but not listed that way on itunes. If you've watched Saved! as many times as I have you would know In The Sun is the song that plays when Cassandra is looking for Roland after he spends the night abandoned at the school after Cassandra gets expelled.

2 comments:

... said...

No!!! Joanne has to clean!!!! LOL...you'll do fine and I am sure they won't go condo on you...

You and Apple music products just don't get along, huh? How many of these Ipod things have you had fail on you so far?

Joanne said...

Actually my new Ipod is great! I just don't download because I'm on dial up and that takes a lifetime to do one song. (Or over 20 min you know. :) )

I replaced my other MP3 player (which was not an Ipod) because it had troubles. Multiple times. Poor little pip.