Friday, February 20, 2009

Converted

For years Michelle has been trying to convince me to switch to Pandora. For years I've resisted. I had spent many years building up my Launch station to be exactly what I wanted it to be. CBS bought out Launch from Yahoo and ended the individual stations that used to be available on it. Sigh. So about two weeks ago I moved over to Pandora. Initially there were some problems... my work computer had issues with it, but then one day the problems stopped and now it totally works. And now I totally get why Michelle loves it so much. I listen all day at work and have been hearing quite a bit from artists I've never heard before or from artists I haven't heard much from. My only complaint (and there may be an explanation to figure it out) is that I tend to get a whole bundle of one style of music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there is some feature called "add variety to this station" that you can use. I actually like the sameness.

Also, told you so.

Joanne said...

I actually have added a lot of variety to my station, I just mean I can spend 45 minutes listening to Irish Rock like The Pogues and Dropkick Murphys and then the next 45 minutes is Broadway show tunes. It is a little odd.