Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Alarming realization

Today I was sitting with ski, the gal who we hired to take my job, and I had a kind of alarming thought. She is older than I am by a pretty good amount... ok maybe 4 - 5 years. She isn't married. Coworker, red, the recruiter is not married and she's in her 40's. Newnotboss (higher on the food chain, but not the one who adopted the Guatemalan baby - she left) isn't married - she's younger than me by a couple of years. I've always kind of lived with this belief that someday I would get married. I've been buying into any of the wide variety of ideas about when you stop looking you'll find the one or when things are meant to be they work out... I even rather unsuccessfully took the bull by the horns a couple of times with the fellow online dating goons and nothing. So I was looking at ski and thinking she's really pretty. She's pretty in that tall willowy blond way that reinforces any troll like appearance I have. And I started thinking that if my coworkers haven't found Mr. Right, what chance do I have? Am I going to be them... in 5 to 10 years with just me and maybe a pet? And I know I have my plan... start adopting kids whether or not I have a partner, but the reality is it would be much easier with one. I don't know...

4 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Roger is moving to Washington in a month or two. He's a good catch.

Joanne said...

Where in WA is Roger moving to?
Isn't he wildly more conservative in his views than I?

Peeved Michelle said...

Yakima. Maybe he has changed his mind. He was always open to discussion.

... said...

You'll find someone...Mr Right always comes upon us when we least expect it...believe me.