Sunday, April 06, 2008

Bellevue Square is Dead to Me

Friday Lyday and I went to Bellevue Square for dinner and after dinner we went and wandered the mall. (I feel compelled to say we didn't intend to go to Bellevue Square for dinner. We were headed somewhere else for dinner but they were full.) Once upon a time there was an ice cream store in Bellevue Square that had gluten free cones. We were wandering the mall and looking for it when we consulted the directory. According to the directory, it is gone. Boo hoo. I had an icee instead but it isn't the same.

We ate dinner at Z'Tejas. I was unimpressed. The waiter was not good. The food was meh. And the restaurant was LOUD. It makes me feel old to complain about the noise level of a restaurant but it was seriously loud.

I did buy new bras and undies. Part of project look and feel cute.

When I got home I watched Reign over Me. I'm not sure what I thought this movie was but it wasn't what I saw. It was depressing. DEPRESSING. For some reason I thought it was at least funny a little bit. I know what the subject of the movie was, but I swear the previews only showed the funny parts. And not the funny/sad parts where yeah the guys antics are funny but it is so sad you can't even find that funny.

I also recently read Veil of Roses. I thought it was AWESOME. I really enjoyed the read. I was a little sad to read the Amazon reviews of it, though. Many criticized the author for continuing stereotypes of Iranian women. Although a couple Persian women also reviewed it saying it was relatable to them, so I don't know. I was really touched by the story and the characters.

No comments: