Monday, October 05, 2009

Giving away old friends

Michelle introduced me to bookmooch.com. Obviously I love books. I read all the time. I read probably 2 books a week. I was about to post about how sad it is to me to get rid of books I have loved when I just realized I'm not getting rid of books I have loved. So far I've posted 11 books. Either I didn't like the book to begin with or it was rather unmemorable. Curtis Sittenfeld's Guy Not Taken... I was 2/3rds of the way through it when I realized I had already read it. Jodi Picoult... I went through a phase where I loved her stuff. Now I find I read the first few chapters and then the last few chapters and get everything I need from the story. I was thinking of packing up the books I want to move with tonight, but I just realized I only have middle sized boxes and filling that full of books would be so heavy I wouldn't be able to move the box.

On Monday night I like How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory on CBS. Unfortunately one is on at 8 and the other at 9:30. In between those two, craptastic shows I don't like. I wish there was something good in the middle. Tonight I'm watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall for about the millionth time. Movie cracks my shit up. It is currently my go to movie for boredom (as opposed to my go to movie for sadness, Mama Mia)

3 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Why on earth is MM your sadness movie? Some of the songs are sad but it ends happily and there's a lot of energy and fun in that movie.

Is it because you, too, aren't sure who your father is?

Joanne said...

Oh it isn't because the movie is sad... It is the movie that brings me joy so when I'm feeling blue I like to watch it because its cheesy awesomeness makes me happy! :)

Kate the Peon said...

Ohhhh. Whew. Okay. :)