Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Psychosomatic

It's a good thing I don't take birth control pills. Apparently I am incapable of taking any pill regularly. I'm supposed to take Dapsone once a day to help keep any accidental ingestion of wheat from covering me in blisters. Usually I take 4 at one time once a week. Now that I'm on antidepressants, I am supposed to take those in the AM. In the last 4 days I've remembered to take them once. That day would be this morning. This afternoon I felt rather energetic, like I could actually accomplish something after work (I did attend 2 meetings but I did not boil chicken like I thought about doing). I think it's mostly psychosomatic. Similar to when I first started taking them and I thought I felt better. According to science I couldn't but I felt like I did. Part of the problem is that I am supposed to take them with food. Do you know when I eat on the weekends? Late. Sometimes not until 3 or 4 pm. It is ridiculous I know. I blame the whole no wheat no bread thing. If I could eat sandwiches that would be much easier.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Regardless of being real or perceived, having a positive outlook is a good thing.

Have you considered hiding the pills in your toothpaste?

Kate the Peon said...

I think it's more important that the pills are taken regularly, as opposed to when they're taken.

I mean, morning or night, not taking them isn't good, ya know? :)