Sunday, November 01, 2009

Party People!

It's been a LONG time since I've been to a Halloween party. Back when V and I were still friends we went out to a bar one night in costume, but in general I'm fairly anti-Halloween. I do LOVE to give out candy to kids and all that, but I don't live in a house and even the last time I did, there weren't a lot of trick or treaters coming around which was a bigass bummer to me.

So Lyday is seeing a vegan. Let's all pause to consider the inconceivability of that... lyday is like me in that she eats meat and not so many of those things called vegetables. And she tends to be less adventurous in her food than I am and who really knew that was possible? (Although she has now eaten tofu and fake something else and she didn't hate them so more power to her, but in my defense fake meat tends to have wheat in it so I can't have it). Vegan had a Halloween party which we attended. I chatted with several guys there. One was a vegetarian, one was not, one was a vegan. The omnivore I met when I noticed he took some chocolate from the bowl for the trick or treaters. I joked that clearly he isn't a vegan. (Vegans can't eat commercial chocolate... milk you know. Vegans are weird). Clearly I had been drinking because honestly, I can't really talk to men otherwise. OMG! I'm like Raj on Big Bang Theory. (Not quite that bad, but I'm fairly anti-social. I know this.) (Also if that's not a sign I'm turning into a hermit, I don't know what is). Anyway, it wasn't bad. It could've been better. It could've been worse. I'm not too sad I went. :)

No comments: