Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Time to buy a new lamp

I don't know what it is I do to them, but I've broken another bedside lamp. This is the 2nd one in 7 years. It just stopped working yesterday... no warning. I know it isn't the bulb because it is a brand new flourescent bulb inside. So I headed down to the bookstore to buy a new one. This is where I got the current lamp. They are no longer carrying them. What? Don't kids in dorm rooms need bedside lamps? Apparently not. On the way home I went into my local drug store. I find it weird that I can find so many things that are not drug store products there. I'm not sure which annoys me worse... the weird shit I can buy there or when I can't find some weird thing. For example, I could buy a new cell phone, a bunch of packages of ramen, a screw driver, or even a Snuggie, but I couldn't buy a new clip on lamp. I'll have to head to Fred Meyer or Target this weekend to replace it. Grr.

Now that day light savings time is over, it is so freakin' dark at 5:00 pm. I find I can't walk home and read anymore because it is too dark. I did solve this problem. It is probably extremely geeky of me the way I did it... I bought a book light. So now I hook the book light to the kindle and I can read as I walk again. :)

I'm so excited about the new series V tonight. I hope beyond hope it is good and it doesn't get cancelled.

No comments: