Thursday, October 04, 2007

2.7 miles

Today I had a meeting at a branch of the library for my new brownie troop. I got off at the wrong stop. Apparently there are two libraries on Rainier. I asked the woman in the library and she said it was about 7 minutes away in car. How far can that be I thought... 2.7 miles. That's how far it is. I leave the wrong library and start out on foot. I've got 20 minutes until my meeting is due to start. I figure I'll hike down there, it can't be that far. That was a frequent thought in my mind. I kept thinking actually as I walked "it can't be much further... it can't be much further..." And then I thought I'd catch a bus, but I'd stand and wait at the stop and get impatient so I'd leave and I'd be about 1/2 way between 2 stops and the damn bus would go by. OR I'd be at a stop and waiting and an express bus would go by and not stop on my stop. It took me almost an hour and 20 minutes and there are now blisters on the bottom of my feet. But I made it to the meeting and I've got a new troop of first grade brownies to start to corrupt. (This is in addition to my current junior troop.) I'm kind of stoked about them. :)

No comments: