Monday, October 08, 2007

Maybe I could get new dots...

I drove out to my new favorite GF bakery today. Again it was yummy, AND the owner is so awesome that when I commented that there were no 'smoreos' she went into the back and put 8 together for me. I am slightly embarrassed though because apparently she read my blog post about her bakery. (which now that I reread the post I wish she had had some creme puffs because damn those were awesome.) Anyway, she remembered me and remembered reading my post. How embarrassing... although since I didn't say anything bad I guess I shouldn't be embarrassed. In fact it was clearly a rave review. :) I felt the same way when the producer of the movie I worked on commented that he read my blog post about the movie. It's like I've gotten caught gossiping or something. Anyway, I've fully digressed...

When I was out in Maple Valley I briefly entertained the idea of moving out to the middle of nowhere. I like the middle of nowhere. I can't imagine what the commute would be like. It would require 2 freeways just doesn't seem like it would be fun at all. Plus I would have to get a car blah blah blah. But it is a nice dream.

Sometimes I wonder about the career path I have taken. If I continue to work in benefits (which, why on earth would I want to start yet another new career path?) that will require me to stay working in larger areas. Not necessarily as large as a city like Seattle or whatever, but I would have to stay in a place that has businesses beyond what you usually find in small towns. (Well not all small towns. I know when I lived in Indiana which was a relatively small town it was the location of a large furniture manufacturer plant, including the fact that they own Brosendorfer pianos which are the ones Tori Amos uses) but still... you get my point. Hmm... this post did meander didn't it.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Kenmore isn't the middle of nowhere. It just feels like it sometimes. The commute isn't terrible and you're still close enough to stuff to have stores/food/entertainment.
Prices are also more reasonable.

If the lamers in the state finally pass the transportation tax, we'll get some proper light rail support in the north. And then you can commute by train (quickly).

As for your career. Couldn't be like HR VP in a small town for a smallish company? You could be in charge of all HR :)