Monday, October 15, 2007

Snippets

When I was little apparently I used to like cutting paper smaller and smaller and making what my mother called snippets. They drove her nuts. In retrospect I'm not sure why they did since we were not the neatest people on the planet.

This morning I woke up and had the country Malawi on my mind. I have absolutely no idea why or what I was dreaming about in relation to the country. A few days ago my horrorscope said I should pay attention to my dreams, they are trying to tell me something. Are they trying to tell me to buy a Malawian baby? :) Probably not.

I was trying to think about other Halloween costume ideas for this year. I volunteer every year at the Pacific Science Center, which I love, and they encourage us to dress up in G-Rated costumes. Usually I wear my poodle skirt that I made 2 years ago and a white sweater and go as a 50's girl. This year I was thinking of something else. I briefly thought about dressing up like a postulent nun (I think that's the type before they finish their vows) ala Sister Act. How hard could it be? A black skirt and dark sweater and sensible shoes and a black scarf with a white band. I either have all of that or could obtain it easily. Then I laughed to myself because the only crucifix I have is a glow in the dark one from the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Hee.

I watched Mary Poppins on the big screen yesterday with Ben and Stephen. It is a LONG movie, 2+ hours. Also the big screen really highlights how bad Dick Van Dyke's teeth were then (as well as the little boy's and the little girl's.) Ben got restless towards the end. I love the movie though and I've never seen it in a theater so that was pretty awesome.

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Thanks for coming. Pretty sneaky of you - still haven't seen your txt :(

My favourite part was the laughing on the ceiling. I sang Feed the Birds last night as Benni went to sleep. He passed out in the car, until we got to his bedroom. Then he wanted to read books...

Peeved Michelle said...

You should not be a nun, even in jest.

Kate the Peon said...

I didn't even know there WAS a country Malawi.