Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I like free good PR

I was sitting in my office yesterday afternoon when someone from our events group called. It seems there's a large, nationally known charity who would like to have an event here with a bus and information and fliers. Ordinarily when a non college group wants to hold something on campus they have to pay. Clever event guy called me. Since the large charity is health related he said we could sponsor it and then they wouldn't have to pay. Heck yeah we'll sponsor it. When I announce it, it'll look like our office is all concerned and stuff (and we are) so we'll get credit for bringing them here and all I did was answer the phone. Awesome.

Also I got head hunted this morning. I'm completely underqualified to be a sr. manager of retirement plans but whatever. I wonder if this is what it is like to be Stephen. ;)

2 comments:

Stephen said...

You ARE qualified to be Senior Manager of Big Cheesedom, especially Big Yummy TillamookDom.

Nice that you have the authority to help a charitable organization where you work, without spending anything. Very nice. Very heart warming - in the best kind of job sense.

Peeved Michelle said...

I haven't been headhunted in awhile and this when I need it the most.