Sunday, October 21, 2007

The dress - Better??

So I went out shopping today and I was just going to look, but I fell in love with this dress at Nordstroms. The sales lady said that it was black tie and both sales ladies who helped me loved it so that's good I suppose. I love it.

Please forgive the excessively bad angle. Fat chicks should not be shot from the bottom. However, since the stairwell is the only place where I can set up my camera at a decent height that's why I go there.


Just the dress on the hanger. It is kind of hard to describe the color. The pictures make it seem silver but it isn't really. The silk bottom part is probably sagey, but a pale sage and the lace is silvery blackish gold. Very hard to describe.

This is the bottom part of the dress along with the wrap I bought to go with it. I went to the downstairs part and just said 'tell me what to buy.' I think they like that. :) This is the link to the wrap, although the website doesn't have it in the color I bought.

Slightly better angle. The bra strap that you can see is not the one I'll be wearing. I AM wearing an industrial undergarment in these photos though. I bought a new spanx high panty thing. I can now see why they are as expensive as they are. Next up... shoes. Sigh. :)

4 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Yay! Excellent dress. Although, you have to tell me what material the wrap is, b/c though I trust you, it looks all glad-trash-baggy in the pictures.

Joanne said...

It does in pictures. It isn't like that at all though. It is gunmetal colored and part polyester part metallic? According to Nordstrom's lady they just came in. It has a piece that you can use to hold the two edges together.

Kate the Peon said...

Okay. I'm sufficiently reassured now. Shoes are fun!

ren said...

oooh...pretty. i like that alot. and i think you need strappy shoes with that.