Monday, November 05, 2007

Hmmm... Do I make it public?

I'm doing Nanowrimo again this year. I do it every year with the best of intentions and then never finish. My I suck. :) I think last year I got the closest I've ever gotten which was 25k words. Not too shabby. Already it is the 5th of November and I'm behind. I should be doing 1166 words a day. I'm at 155. Total words. Sad isn't it? I'm kind of excited about the story I'm writing and I'm considering blogging it. A lot of people do. The complicating factors are as follows: 1 - I'm terrified of judgement. I don't want y'all judging me. 2 - I'd want to post the link on my nanowrimo page so that people could see it which, if I used my blogger id, would lead to the potential of the former WC and another person finding this blog. I think. Ok I see that actually I can remove all the different blogs from my profile. Phew. BUT we're still back to concern number 1. I think I'm going to do it. It'll make it easier to post from various spots like work and home. Coo'

4 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Do it. You can always close comments on a post if you don't want any judgment.

Kate the Peon said...

Aw, judging is fun :)

Stephen said...

There are 3 kinds of writing.

Writing for others.
- most of the stuff you find in the bookstore, especially the supermarket checkout line
- also a lot of the blogs in the world
Writing for yourself.
- writing that you feel passionate about, and could care less if anyone reads.
- some of the blogs in the world
And writing for nobody
- the kind that you write in a journal, and will not likely read; nobody else will ever read

I suppose it depends who you are writing for. making it public is only useful for the first two. But if the second, there's really no point in making it public until you are nearly complete. A true writer for yourself does not likely want edits mid-thought, mid-sentence.

Joanne said...

Ahh but then there's option 4. I'm putting it out there more as an accountability for myself so that I actually accomplish what I've set out to do.