Sunday, November 11, 2007

I feel pretty... oh so pretty...

I just got home from my fancypants gala. Well, actually I just got home from hanging out at Bauhaus with Stephen after the gala. (Ok technically I'm now writing this on Sunday morning since I got totally tired last night and couldn't finish)

The gala was really fun. There was a bit of miscommunication between Stephen and I which resulted in him hanging outside my apartment for 30 - 45 minutes and me sitting at the gala going I hope he's on his way. He emailed me that he didn't have his phone which I translated to with him in Vancouver not the real thing which was he didn't have his phone which is broken so he won't have his phone. :) So I called and texted him after I left for the gala on foot. He only got the voicemail through luck. But I can rest assured that my building manager will not give out my information. Of course that's probably because he doesn't seem to actually know who I am but whatever.

Ok so my dress was awesome and I got complimented a ton. And it was fun seeing who didn't recognize me all fancified. The food was also awesome - so yummy. I had risotto which I've never had before. THAT'S yummy! I did get tipsy after 2.5 glasses of wine and I was actually willing to dance but I didn't mention that to Stephen until it was too late and the last song started playing while I was in the bathroom. The Temptations played which was cool. I liked it more than I thought I would. After the gala, we went to Bauhaus to sober up and closed the place down.

I wore the little black strappy shoes and discovered they suck! The strap across the back heel wouldn't stay up so they were flippy and then I ended up stepping on the strap. I took them off to walk down to the Westin because it was easier than wearing them. Sad for my pedicure, but totally much easier to walk that way. Apparently you can take the girl out of country but you can't take country out of the girl. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a good time. We all need the occasional dress up party to remind us how much fun it can be.

Peeved Michelle said...

Sounds like fun. I'm glad the dress worked out. Next time you go to a fancypants gala, you should get some of those fold up ballet flats for the walking part.

... said...

Did you get a picture dressed up?