Thursday, November 08, 2007

Wiping me out!

Those little girls wipe me out. Last night I got home at about 10 til 8. I ate my tacos and watched America's Next Top Model and then I couldn't find anything else to watch. So I looked at the On Demand stuff and picked Dirty Dancing. I love Dirty Dancing and it's mindless and perfect since I was mostly doing other stuff anyway. Apparently somewhere around the "Penny's in trouble, Baby" part I fell asleep. I woke up when Johnny and Baby were dancing in the rehearsal room after they'd already done the show at the Sheldrake and all that. And then apparently I dozed back off and woke up again at the end of the movie. And I only had 3 girls show up. I can't imagine how tired I'll be when the others regularly show up.

Apparently I need a new DVD player. I went to open mine last night to watch my latest Netflix DVD and it wouldn't open. Not even a little bit. Not at all. Sad. It is probably hmmm... I've lived here 5 years now and I bought it with Michelle in CA at KMart at one of the after Thanksgiving sales so I'm going to go with it is at least 6 years old if not older. I suppose I could get a new one. But then what do I do with the old one? Hmm...

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Give it to Goodwill. Take it to an e-waste location. Set it out on the sidewalk. Fling it out your window at someone walking below. Smash it up Office Space style.

There are lots of things you can do with it.

ren said...

i think, last i heard, anyway, that goodwill will attempt to repair stuff like that for resale. at least, i know that USED to be part of the program, people learned repair skills on the broken items donated.

but that was a long time ago. maybe i am crazy. i don't know...