Thursday, October 05, 2006

Karmic balance is kicking my ass

I received word this morning from my boss that I am getting bumped up in dollars and in job grade effective 9/25. Yay! And by bumped up in dollars I mean BUMPED. (Ok $5k a year but it is sorely needed I tell you). Plus, this new job grade means I am no longer a non-exempt employee. I love it! No more time sheets! So that's the good.

The more than annoying:

Tonight's the first Service Unit meeting of which I am in charge. I have to go to the Girl Scout office to pick up the keys to the church. A - their hours are only from 9 - 4:30. Ok, that sucks. What about those of us who work. So I check out a flexcar and was going to take a long lunch today to go get the keys and some 'door prizes' in the hopes of attracting people to the damn meeting. (Typically there are 5 of us there. There are WAY more than 5 troops). I start walking over, in pain because the boot is at home because I can't drive with it on, when I suddenly think about the keycard to get into the flexcar. I check my wallet. It isn't there and I forgot my cell phone. Fuck. I walk the 3 blocks back to campus and search my pack and jacket. No dice. I have no idea where it is. Fuck. So I call the Flexcar people and now with the new smartcard they can't remote unlock like they used to. Fuck. So I'm out of luck. So now I'm being billed for flexcar time that I didn't use. I don't have the crap I need and I have to leave early instead to catch a bus to the damn Girl Scout office and deal with this.

2 comments:

DD said...

Yeah! to the raise.

Boo! to the lost keycard.

With karma like that, how does one ever get ahead?

Kate the Peon said...

At least you know you can afford the Flexcar. :D

Congrats!!!!!!