Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pea Pods & Broccoli Oh my!

I do not like how I cooked the pea pods tonight. They may be better in something else, but the Kung Pao stir-fry was not the best choice to make them. I'm going to try them in something else. Maybe in the lemon stir fry it would be better. It seems like it would meld well? Broccoli also not good in this either. It was bitter. I'll give broccoli one more try before I give up altogether on it. It may not be for me. But I can say I've given it quite the try once I do. :) So far both times I've tried it cooked in a stir-fry type of meal. It is part of my potato medly so maybe there it will be better.

I'm trying to reserve a yurt for next year's annual girl's camping trip. Things are not going well. I'm not sure if it is because everyone has already booked them (and you can only go book 9 months in advance and today is 9 months before the 3rd day of our camping trip so honestly everybody and their brother has already booked all the yurts already?!). The other option would be to call them tomorrow. Maybe I can understand the problem with the reserving I'm trying to do.

I received the encampment call in schedule on Thursday. At first I didn't really think too much about it, we're number 24 and in the second round, but for some reason on Friday that started sticking in my craw. That's not right. So I look up the rules for the lottery drawing and basically the put people into 3 piles based on what they ended up with last year. Both piles 1 and 2 are people/groups who did NOT get a spot the previous year. We shouldn't be in pile 2 since we did have a spot. What to do... I ended up emailing the council person in charge of the lottery. I don't want us to get moved back in the pack, but at the same itme I don't want to take a potential good spot that some other group should've gotten. I haven't heard back from her about what this means for us.

2 comments:

Chicken said...

I like my broccoli steamed.

ren said...

if you find you really don't like broccoli, give broccolini a try, i think it's also sometimes called baby broccoli. it's sweeter and more tender than regular broccoli. also, broccoflower is good. it's a cross between broccoli and cauliflower and it is an amazing shade of green but less..fragrant than broccoli and less blah then cauliflower.

and bravo to you for trying! veggies are good but don't always taste good!