Monday, October 02, 2006

Tired of life

Sometimes I get tired of my life. Not in a 'goodbye cruel world' type of way, just in a 'can I tuck my head under the covers and wake up when things are a little less crappy. And sadly, things aren't actually even that crappy. In all honesty, my life is actually pretty darn good. But every once in a while, I look around me and think, this can't be all there is. Like Ariel "I want more..."

V and Isa are both afflicted with a condition wherein when they are talking about someone (usually smack) they turn around and that person is there. It is uncanny actually. Today that actually happened to me. Big R and I were in a coffee shop and I was trying to remember what kind of Italian Soda I liked and whether or not I liked it with cream. And so I playfully smacked his arm and chastised him for not being Matthew who would know that. We sit down at a table to work on his resume and not two tables away is Matthew who had been sitting there working. We said hello. That was it.

I went to Dim Sum with Isa, and Big R and a bunch of other people today. I think I'm not going to go anymore. I just order off the menu while the others do all the Dim Sum. I just think it is way pricier than necessary.

I think a fun name for a drag queen would be Anita Dix.

It is hard to stay totally blue when one is watching Grease 2. That's just fully cheesbally.

Also, I'm so glad that the WB and UPN combined because otherwise how would we have valuable channel space for My Q TV channel? I can't believe I'm paying for that non-existent useless channel.

Finally, how can you tell if your desire to just sit on the sofa and do nothing including eat is depression or laziness? I'm leaning towards laziness but it would be nice if it were depression so that I'd have an excuse.

6 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Is it really an Italian soda if it doesn't have cream in it?

DD said...

Too bad they don't have the good drugs for laziness, either.

... said...

I love dim sum...we always go to the House of Hong when I am in Seattle and it is always on a Sunday and very busy but good, good.

We don't have dim sum where I live on the East Coast so I really look forward to it when I am out west.

Unknown said...

I've been feeling the same way lately. It seems like every year at this time, I get bored with my life. Bored with work, bored with home, bored with the city. Boredom leads to apathy which makes me want to stay in bed all day. I continue to get up each day and go to work, but I really get nothing accomplished. The shitty part? This feeling sticks with me until January. Then, in January, work gets busy and the boredom and apathy leave me. I'm still looking for a cure. Good luck finding yours!

Peeved Michelle said...

It's just the sun. You and Sheesh should recognize that, especially Sheesh since she seems to perk up once the days start getting longer again.

Unknown said...

PM, I thought about that, but really the days aren't much longer in January than they are in September.