Saturday, October 14, 2006

Nostalgia


While standing in the grocery store staring at the wide variety of frozen vegetable medleys trying to find something that appealed to me, I had this total falsh of memory about one of the grossest vegetable products ever... Veg-All. The years I spent at camp, somehow Veg-All was always served at least once over the summer. It was bought in #2 cans and I remember just being so completely grossed out by it. For some reason I just stood there and cracked up.

In case y'all care... I bought 2 different frozen veggie things. One, a stir fry, with water chestnuts, carrots (which I don't like cooked but I think that's usually a texture thing because I think they get squishy), broccoli and snap-peas. I think I want to like snap-peas. The other is a roasted thing with potatoes, red peppers and broccoli. I'm excited for the stir fry which I'll add to my chicken stir-fry tomorrow for dinner.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Veg-All is really useful for making large amounts of chicken pot pie. Otherwise...ick.

ren said...

my mother used to serve us "veg-all salad", which was just veg-all mixed with mayonnaise served in a lettuce cup (and sprinkled with paprika to be fancy). i have never forgiven her for this.