Sunday, October 29, 2006

Winter has descended

I spent the weekend at the Pacific Science Center. Much to my chagrin, the Dead Sea Scrolls is in a special exhibit that I didn't get to go into. I'm going to have to go and check it out sometime. I did get to spend time in the Butterfly House and I watched the 'science circus' twice which was fun and cool. I really liked spending all that time there and seeing the cute kids in their costumes. There were a couple of very earnest little boys in costume. When I commented about them being Captain America or the Grim Reaper they had to very carefully tell me that although they were dressed like that, it was just a costume. They weren't really that guy. It cracked me up.

Taking care of my friend's dog was also fun. Her little dog was so excited to see me every time I came in to walk her. I'd spend about 45 minutes with the dog petting her and scratching her. She was very sweet, which is NOT how she usually is. :) I think it was the stress of having nobody there most of the rest of the time.

No comments: