Saturday, October 21, 2006

Snippets

This morning I called the Reserve America line to try to get a yurt for the weekend of July 20th at Cape Lookout. The phone lines open at 8:00 and I called at 8:15. I spent 20 minutes on hold to find out that there were 3 yurts available... None of which were at Cape Lookout or Nehalem Bay which is where we wanted to go. They could've gotten us in at Bullards Beach but that is REALLY far from Seattle and much further than we wanted to go. I'll try again next Friday right at 8, but I don't hold my breath. If we can't get it, we'll just use tents. I was amazed that by 8:35 in the morning 120something yurts were reserved in 35 minutes for a weekend 9 months from now.

I still have a cold and I was called yesterday to donate blood cuz they are low on my type. My type never gets called for. I was all excited until I remembered that I am sick and she told me that I can't donate while I am. Darn. (Honestly though, Aleve Cold & Sinus is the bomb. I worship at its ground. I feel almost human while on it.)

Our new work study student sucks major ass. I have been searching for a form for weeks panicked because I thought I lost it. I checked the employee's file about 3 times and never saw it in there. That's because new work study put it at the very back of the file. Also he is VERY slow. I am not fond of him. Is it vaguely wrong that I keep hoping he'll fuck up again so Isa will have to fire him?

Earlier today I was talking with WC and this other guy. Other guy had taken a cherry lolly pop from my candy dish even though I had tried to convince him that he wanted a pink lemonade one. I made some crack about that's because I like the cherry ones and so he said to me, "You want me to give you your cherry back?" The three of us paused for a few moments and then burst into laughter. I threw them out of my office and as the WC was leaving he said that he didn't think Otherguy had the ability to do that.

I went and watched a movie over at V's today. We watched Run Lola Run which was much better than I thought it would be. About 3/4ths of the way through the roommate came home. We chatted a tiny bit, but not too much. I decided to leave after the movie because I'm just exhausted. If only I could figure out a way to spend more time with this guy...

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

What? You liked an independent film?

... said...

That sucks that you can't get a yurt when you want to...9 months out and they are already booked in 45 minutes...unbelievable...