Sunday, October 08, 2006

Shake shake shake

Yesterday I was sitting on my sofa and I thought hmm... It feels like one of the ferrets has climbed into the sofa and is digging around. Yet I reinforced the bottom of the sofa so they can't do it so I know that can't be it. How weird. Apparently Mt. Rainier had a rather small earthquake yesterday. It's weird, I admit, but I kind of dig earthquakes. Not the giant ones that cause damage buildings to collapse or trigger massive tsunamis that kill people, but the little gentle ones. In Alaska several happened while I lived there. Usually in the middle of the night so I just kind of felt it but didn't fully realize it. We did have one while I was working at the library and the bookshelves were swaying we were moving so much. Tornadoes and hurricaines, though, I don't want to know nothing about those things. :)

6 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I love how your first thought was that it must have been one of the ferrets.

DD said...

I've said the same thing about earthquakes. At least with a tornado you can see it coming (most times) and those who live in tornado alley have areas of their home secure against them (most times).

Makes you feel real confident about coming to visit me, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

I do NOT miss the earthquakes.

Joanne said...

When I lived in Indiana, I heard about tornadoes. We didn't have any, but my friend Joni drove me past this house once that had been turned 180 degrees by a tornado and set back down on the foundation. Now she could've been winding me up but anything that can do that, I don't want to know about.

KTP, the ferrets are responsible for everything. That's the bonus of having a pet. :)

Anonymous said...

I lived through a lot of earthquakes while in So. Cal. for 30+ years.

I am like you, I found them exciting. Of course, I would never wish harm on anyone, but earthquakes are interesting. Especially when sleeping in a waterbed!

Once, many years ago, my sister was in the shower when a bad one hit, she ran out into the street, in a towel.

Hurricanes I am afraid of ~~~ tornados, if I could have chosen a career, it would be a storm chaser.

Robin said...

Hurricanes are just nature's way of saying, "That's a really stupid place to build a house."