Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Food indecision

I'm having the worst time with food decisions lately. I can't make up my mind about what I want to eat. When I finally do put food into my mouth it doesn't taste good and I have the added bonus of it upsetting my stomach. Today's lunch hit an all time low, tater tots & salad. The salad completely threw my stomach out of whack (Green stuff? What is this green stuff you are consuming?!)

So I hit the grocery store tonight figuring something there would inspire me. Not so much. When I'm in this funk, I tend to buy weird shit. Usually I buy a lot of processed stuff because I want food that requires little thought & work. As a concession to the fact that I have to eat lunch this week, I picked up taquitos. While in the frozen foods section, sausage spoke to me. Well sausage and those hashbrown patties, but those can't be microwaved so I only bought sausage. I'm thinking sausage and cheese in a tortilla for breakfast might not be too bad.

So then I figured teriyaki wouldn't be too bad for dinner. I go in and they're out of chicken breasts. They're in the same building as a large grocery store, are you kidding me? (Yes I realize they have a meat supplier who probably charges a lot less than QFC would but still...) I head over to my taco place (which I now know for certain is actually gluten free except the flour tortillas because well obviously). I'm studying the menu vigorously (as though I don't order the same thing every freaking time) and ask the guy about enchiladas because those actually sound good. He tells me they aren't worth the money really (same guy I ALWAYS have) and asks me if I've made up my mind. Here's where I get all embarrassing. I confess that I'm having terrible food indecision and that I have no idea what to eat. He kind of chuckles at me and I confess that I just have to eat the usual because I have food issues today. He laughed. And then I told him that they had to be good to get me out of this food funk. And they actually were. :) I don't know if it'll get me out of my food funk, but they were good tacos.

3 comments:

... said...

Glad the tacos were good but I know how that food indecision can go....sometimes I just want something quick and tasty regardless of how good it is for me...especially when I am really hungry.

Mind Sprite said...

I get tired of eating the same thing over and over again. That is usually when I get food indecision. It's like "Oh, what boring, monotonous thing should I stuff in my mouth today?" Enchiladas sound really good! Too bad all I have at work is more soup.

Peeved Michelle said...

I hardly ever eat anything new.