Friday, March 31, 2006

Domino - A review

Tonight I watched Domino. Really I had no idea what to expect, but I don't think this was it. Probably the last thing I expected was to see 2 former stars of Beverly Hills 90210, but there they were, the former Steve Sanders and David Silver. Their roles actually cracked me up. There were more twists and turns than I could've imagined and it is really fascinating in an abstract way to see how groups of people with no trust for each other or anyone really interact. (Yeah yeah I know this was a movie.) I really enjoyed it and given the dark mood I've been in it is good for me to watch things get blown up. The opening scenes were a little visceral. All in all I enjoyed it except for 1 little part. The crux of the scam is because of this little girl who is the granddaughter of a character. The daughter is a minor as well. The granddaughter needs a surgery which is not covered by health insurance. The problem is that the dependent child of a person's dependent child is coverable by health insurance. (Yeah, I'm a tiny bit of a geek like that, it is the reason I never watched John Q.)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Interesting that it is based on a true story.

Joanne said...

While watching, I read about her on wikipedia. She was an interesting person, although she died in 05. This incident never happened I'm sure, but it was a thrilling movie.