Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wednesday evening cheese

I'm watching the Karate Kid 2 on ABC family channel this evening. When I was younger (and still now) it was my favorite of the Karate Kid movies. I don't even think I've ever seen all of Karatie Kid #3. I remember the first time I watched it. It was after I had already been to Okinawa, Japan. As I watched part of the movie with Kadena Air Base and Naha, I thought that's totally not right. As part of my trip, we had been to both Naha and Kadena Air Base. I think that was one of my first times really understanding the difference between movies & real life. You know when you're a kid you know that movies are pretend, but I don't think you really get it. It didn't diminish my love for the movie though. I always loved the Japanese dancing. That's my favorite part.

I also really dug the tea ceremony.

No comments: