Monday, March 27, 2006

Speed dating redux

So I just got an email saying that there will be another round of Speed Dating on April 22. Well this post just became moot because I just remembered something I'm doing April 22nd but I was going to ask y'all if I should go. I was going to ask public opinion if I should try it again. The good was that speed dating was fun! The bad part a - nothing ever happened with my 1 match, which was also fine because he was weirdly religious and much more so than I could ever handle. The bad part b - many of the guys I chatted with said that they'd done it there before which would get weird if I ended up talking to the same guys. Now I have actually been absolved of any decision making thanks to the girls and our already planned and paid for activity of going to the gymnastics place and sleep over and earn the gymnastics badge.

2 comments:

Mind Sprite said...

Cop out! I think you should do it, if the opportunity comes up again. But I love it when fate intervenes and keeps me from having to do something uncomfortable, even if I know it's good for me! The gymnastics thing sounds fun though.

Debra said...

Just wanted to share this with you...

Speed Dating has become a HUGE trend in NYC...I know of two people who had success with it...one is married to their *Speed Dater* now and the other has been dating hers for about a year now.