Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Help! I'm trapped in my industrial undergarment

This morning I decided I wanted to wear my absolute favorite dress. I very rarely wear it because it is one of about 3 articles of clothes I actually follow the washing instructions on and it is dry clean only. (I know I could buy Dryel or one of those but our dryers at the apartment have 1 cycle, hot so I don't know if that would work with that.) I've been complimented on it several times which makes me happy and just wearing it actually makes me happy. :)

So this morning I go to put on my 'foundation garment' (For those of you who are fellow fat chicks, you know what I'm talking about, you force all the fat into something like a sausage casing to make your dress fall prettily.) For some reason I opted for the over the head method and got stuck in it. I'm standing in my bedroom arms flailing above my head because I can't move. I'm sure I looked like one of those inflatable guys you see in front of like car sales places. (I think SNL or Mad TV did a skit where the woman married one of those guys, it was funny). It was quite the drama for 7:00 in the morning. Ultimately I ended up changing out of that and just wearing regular stuff because once I had it on properly it was just a little too clausterphobic for me.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Yeah, I can't wear those things... they make me feel like I'm about to explode.

Jodi said...

I refer to it as my "fat sucking undergarment" (coined by another friend). Ugh.

Mind Sprite said...

I don't have one of those but if I don't lay off the Robins Eggs, I'm going to need one! I have the same problem with this pair of super tight flesh-colored tights that I have. I usually change what I'm going to wear when I think about having to put them on. I bet you were way more comfortable without it!