Friday, September 29, 2006

Taxation without something or other

I was all full of righteous indignation about getting hit with a 32% tax on some random extra money I received this month. (My office does supplemental pay when you do random extra work which I did a shit load of earlier in the month so it definitely is NOT a bonus which would be taxed at an outrageous rate because that's how bonuses are). Then I double checked and did the math. Unfortunately $125 out of $500 is 25% which IS my tax bracket. Sigh. Ahh well, difficult to come by, easy to go. :) I did use the remaining $340 (don't forget FICA the bitch she is) to buy my plane ticket to see Michelle over Thanksgiving! A break! I am so excited. I'll arrive Tuesday night. She'll 'work from home' on Wed and I'll hang out. We'll eat with her fam on Thanksgiving. We will get up at the butt crack of dawn on black Friday and be done shopping by noon. (or thereabouts) I will get to eat at all the places I love that we don't have here in Seattle like my favorite Chinese place over by my old work. Ooh and Mongolian BBQ. I love that! And I won't even drag her to Disneyland. :)

Tomorrow I'm taking the girls on an adventure. (The ferrety girls not the Scouty girls). Tess has to go for her shot and I signed up for the Flexcar for a longer period of time so I can also go to my GF bakery and to the Pet Store so I can get their treats. They can go in with me at the pet store so I'll take Rigby too (if I can find her).

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Which Mongolian BBQ will you go to? I love Mogo's myself.

And if you change your mind, we'll be spending Thanksgiving at Disneyland! All are welcome...the more the merrier!

Anonymous said...

Wok N South in Thousand Oaks.

Peeved Michelle said...

Weird. I don't know why it put "genius163" instead of "Peeved Michelle." I probably did something wrong.