Monday, August 27, 2007

I shouldn't be left alone sometimes...

Stephen generously (or foolishly depending on your point of view ;) ) has left me with his car while he is on vacation. After I dropped him and Benjamin off at the airport, I took it shopping. And hoo boy did I shop. I bought a ton of new clothes at the fat chick outlet store. I saved almost 1/2 off on everything I bought. It was all replacing old or worn out stuff... 4 new t-shirts, 3 new dress shirts, 2 new bras, 4 new pairs of socks, and 1 denim skirt. (Ok the skirt isn't replacing anything, I just liked it. :) )

After that I tried to go to my GF bakery. Sadly they were closed. AND they do that thing that I hate... they don't post their hours. I hate that! It makes me so much less inclined to go there anymore.

I stopped in at Safeway as well. I needed some cheese and soda and apparently a huge amount of ice cream. :) Safeway has these little teeny tiny haagen dasz containers and little teeny tiny Ben & Jerry's containers. I bought 4 of the haagen dasz ones in chocolate and vanilla. Unlike my usual issue with buying haagen dasz ice cream, I actually managed to get the flavors right. Yay! I also picked up a pint of Mayan Chocolate and Mint Chocolate Chip.

Now I'm fighting the urge to stay up until 1 AM watching Grease 2. My love for this movie is completely unholy. I was just thinking of adding it to my wishlist on Amazon, but then I realized that the best way to watch Grease 2 is on those random times you see it on the TV. (Looking at the imdb entry for Grease 2, though, clearly the movie was a career killer. Michelle Pfeiffer seems to be the only one who has had significant success. Although the little sister went on to be a rather successful voice actress who voiced Ashley Spinelli on Recess and Moose on Pepper Ann - both are kids' shows that I LOVE!)

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

You're such a cool cool cool cool rider.

ren said...

ah, i know what you mean. i really don't care that much about grease but grease 2...it may be the best worst movie ever made. and those costumes on the calendar girl thing? damn i need me one of those!