Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm leaking!

Or at least it looks like it. It was raining when I walked to work this morning and my rain jacket was here. I could've pulled out my Mickey Mouse rain poncho but I didn't think of it until just now so I just pulled on a hoodie. My boobs and shoulders are soaked. The rain just soaked right through my hoodie. Sigh.

In other news, I did have a Sunday adventure yesterday. But I have no photographic evidence since the EMP and the SFM won't let you photograph inside the building. I went to the EMP (Experience Music Project) primarily because they have a Disney Music Behind the Mouse exhibition going on right now. Otherwise I would've saved the $15 entrance fee. Here's what I discovered about the EMP... I don't really care about how music is made. I like music. I like live music. I like listening to music. But all the behind the scenes stuff.. mostly not interested. I did enjoy the Northwest Alley because it was all about artists from this area - besides Kurt Cobain and Eddie Vedder who also were featured - It was interesting to discover that the Kingsmen who did that song, Louie Louie were from the area. It was also interesting to read the FBI report on the song. :) But I dislike Jimi Hendrix. I'm not that overwhelmingly excited about guitars. I didn't play in the booths because well - 1 - I'm not an exhibitionist and 2 - I'm a terrible musician and 3 - the lines were long. :) I went into the story area and only listened to about 5 stories. Kate Pierson talking about Love Shack was interesting. Surprisingly Mike McCready talking about the song writing process - uninteresting. (Actually that isn't that surprising. Listen to anybody from a band talk about the song writing process and it is a whole lot of "Well we get together and jam some stuff and sometimes it works out and sometimes person X brings lyrics or person Y brings a melody..." Even Kate Pierson said something similar in her songwriting talk. (I listened to two of her stories - one specifically about Love Shack and one about songwriting. Love Shack was infinitely more interesting.)) Sir Mix-A-Lot was interesting. He was talking about Posse on Broadway, which I've never heard but then talked about Baby Got Back and how it was really a response to the waif look of the time. He had originally started writing a serious song but then realized nobody wants to listen to a song about bulemia. So there were some interesting stories, but there were kiosks and kiosks worth of artists and I listened to about 5.

Once I was done at the EMP, I headed across the hall to the Science Fiction Museum. I found this vaguely intersting as well. It was a lot to look at and that was fun. I loved the costumes upstairs. That was very cool! I learned some things I didn't know and saw some cool things like Darth Vadar's costume. So that was more fun.

No comments: