Monday, June 23, 2008

Censorship

In general I don't have a huge amount to say on censorship. But last night when I downloaded the new Everlast song (you'd think I was working for him as much as I've talked about him in two days), the video also downloaded as apparently it was part of the album. There was a note on the video from Everlast about iTunes decision to blur out some of the images in the video as being unAmerican. Just like a teenager who gets told they can't do something I had to watch the video... I watched the blurred iTunes video last night and it is really a powerful video. I'm fairly certain what they've chosen to blur are images of either dead or injured Iraqi and maybe Americans but mostly Iraqi citizens I think. So I checked it out on youtube. And that's what it is. It's really sad actually.

I go for my first PT appointment today. I'm supposed to go 3 times a week for 4 weeks to get some cream rubbed into my tendon. I hope it works. I'm contemplating accupuncture to help with pain management. I'm not feeling 100% like the recent readjustment to the orthotic is helping, OR one of my new shoes is contributing to the problem. I'm not sure which. Also when I went camping the orthotic got wet and so now the upper is separating from the lower (just the plastic/plaster vs the leather covering.) I am not sure how much that's going to cost me to fix it. I wonder if I can get away with crazyglue?

No comments: