Friday, June 20, 2008

Two Bad Signs (or maybe not)

I think I mentioned back in February how my tent was not very functional because the bungee cord that holds the poles together was broken. We put it up but it was very difficult.

I FINALLY remembered to pull the warranty information out of the tent bag the other day and just called. The first call I dialed what I thought was the number. I hear a breathy voice on the line and my first thought is "wow they are excited about tents." Then I hear the rest of the statement and think "Yikes!" Because the breathy voice says "Welcome to the steamiest [something] for men..." I instantly hung up a little mortified that I may have called a p0rn line instead of customer service. I looked at the warranty again and discovered it was an 888 number not an 800 number.

I called again and actually had to leave a message. What kind of place doesn't have either hold or enough customer service folks to handle a call at 9:30 in the morning?

No comments: